Monday, July 7, 2008

News

Hello all! News from the Hershbergs: We had a wonderful time with my father, who came to study at the Hartman Institute for a week. Highlights included playing poker with the big kids, getting a first-hand tour of a nearby archeological dig and stories of meeting Israelis in Jerusalem. May he continue to build his connection to the Torah, the Land of Israel, and the Jewish people.

I actually have been reading some good books, thanks to my largely-neglected book group that did the preselecting for me. Yehoshua and I both loved The Yiddish Policeman's Union, and I am almost finished with Meir Shalev's A Pigeon and a Boy.

Sara is rolling on to her side and making concentrated, intentional moves with her hands. She can grab a toy with a little help. Mostly what she does is smile. Smile at whoever smiles at her, smile when she's crying, smile especially big smiles at Yehoshua and Yoshe Ber. Usually I bring her into Curves with me, and this week when I didn't everyone asked where she was.

Yehoshua has been hot into sourdough bread. After a lot of technical problems, we got the bread machine that was a birthday present from my parents up and running - we blew out a converter with it and I cried. Now BH the thing works and we are all playing with it.

I am trying to lose weight - exercising a good amount, but of course totally frustrated that it's going so slowly. Those of you who have been there know. Also, working on a quilt for Eefan (Ethan) Nevarez, with big alef-bet letters in autumn colors.

Looking forward to our trip to the US!

No comments: