Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reaction to terrorism

I've gotten better at being aware of my internal response to terrorism. Usually it starts with fury and rage, and then I also move into anxiety, grief, and sadness. And shock. Like, What kind of people would attack hospitals?

Yehoshua and I are talking about how we want to respond. Tzedaka is a traditional Jewish response that we are considering, either to help rebuild the Chabad House or to support other Chabad educational endeavors. Over the past year, I've been in touch with a woman who runs Jewish services for a small city in the Ukraine, including the shul, the school, etc. She and her husband show characteristic Chabad selflessness, dedication, and energy. (www.chabadcrimea.org)

May H' bring recovery of body and soul to all those who have suffered in this terrorism, comfort to those who have lost loved ones, and justice to the perpetrators.

Love,
Rachel

No comments: